Friday, April 2

To Emily... With Love, Mom

Five years ago right about this time you were set on my tummy, and I saw you for the first time. You were the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. The most wonderful thing I'd ever felt. And I cried and I cried and I cried. Tears of joy! You've grown so much!! Through the time it was just the 2 of us living in Panguitch, with Grandma Johnalee, and then in our little tiny cabin. And you were such a trooper for those 9 weeks Mommy was in the hospital. You've seen 2 babies come and move in to our home, and you let them moved right in to your heart, too didn't you?
I love how you love to go to school. You even try to convince me that your not sick when you are, because you don't like to miss school.
I love the way you sing "HEY SOUL SISTER..."
I love how you love your sister and brother.
It amazes me how grown up you are, but I love that sometimes you still crawl up into my lap and want me to rock you.
I love that you are curious and always wanting learn.

I love YOU my brown eyed, precious girl... my sweet one and only Emily

1 comment:

John'aLee said...

Awww Melissa, I am so glad you shared this birthday letter with us. How special! You are a gifted writer, my dear!
Love you tons,
Mama John'aLee